PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We respect your right to privacy, as contained in section 14 of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa 108 of 1996, and which forms the cornerstone of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”).
- We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users on our Website. For the purposes of this section, “Personal Information” will be understood in accordance with the definition provided in POPIA. Any such Personal Information that you may share with us, and the reasons why such information is required, will depend on the nature and scope of your relationship with us.
- We subscribe to the principles for electronically collecting Personal Information outlined in POPIA, and the further legislation referred to therein, and are committed to maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of Personal Information in our possession.
- We use suppliers and service providers who we trust to provide services to us and sometimes that may involve sharing your information with them. They operate under strict requirements aimed at keeping your Personal Information secure and confidential and they will only use such information for the purpose for which we have sent it to them.
- While we may transfer and outsource your Personal Information for operational reasons and to execute our instructions, all Personal Information submitted or provided by you will be treated confidentially and we will not sell, rent, lease or disclose your Personal Information to unauthorised third parties.
- In the event that we are or become legally obliged to do so, we may of course also have to provide your Personal information to appropriate authorities or regulatory bodies.
COOKIES AND COLLECTION OF TECHNICAL INFORMATION
- The provision and performance of any services obtained from us.
- Informing you of changes made to our services offered.
- The provision of marketing related services to you by us.
- Responding to any queries or requests you may have.
- Developing a more direct and substantial relationship with users for the purposes described in this clause.
- Understanding general user trends and patterns so that we can develop and support existing and ongoing marketing strategies.
- For security, administrative and/or legal purposes.
- The creation and development of market data profiles which may provide insight into market norms, practices and trends to help us improve our offering to you. Such information will be compiled and retained in aggregated form but shall not be used in any manner that may comprise the identity of a user.
- For any other purpose relating to providing products and services, and when we have a legal duty to use or disclose your information.
- We store your Personal Information directly, or alternatively, store your Personal Information on, and transfer your Personal Information to, a central database. If the location of the central database is located in a country that does not have substantially similar laws which provide for the protection of Personal Information, we will take the necessary steps to ensure that your Personal Information is adequately protected in that jurisdiction.
- This Website may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to our Website, and understanding how visitors use the Website. Cookies can also help to customise the Website for our users.
- Technical information refers to all information that does not by itself identify a specific individual user. As you navigate our Website, certain technical information may be passively collected by our web server through the use of 'cookies' and/or 'server logs’ and by proceeding to use the Website you accordingly acknowledge and agree to this.
- We take your privacy and the security of your Personal Information seriously. For this purpose, we have implemented reasonable and up-to-date security safeguards; have in place reasonable technical (electronic) and organisational (non-electronic) security measures to protect your Personal Information against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, misuse, destruction or against unauthorised disclosure or access to the information we process; and regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks
- However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be one hundred percent secure at all times. Thus, although we use reasonably endeavours to ensure the integrity, security and confidentiality of Personal Information submitted and/or obtained from you, we cannot be held responsible for security breaches occurring in relation to the personal technology devices of users, such as, but not limited to, personal computers, tablets and mobile phones due to the lack of adequate virus protection software and/or spyware.
- In addition to the above, subject to the provisions of POPIA and related legislation, the Business will not be held liable under any circumstances if Personal Information shared by yourself, in the manner as contemplated herein but which takes place at your own risk, is compromised, disseminated or otherwise disclosed through conduct outside our reasonable control, for example by means of hacking, infection by viruses, trojan horses or any other computer programming routines or software that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or Personal Information.
- While we cannot prevent all security threats, or ensure and/or warrant the security of any Personal Information you provide us, we will continue to maintain and improve these security measures over time in line with legal and technological developments and will let you know of any breaches which affect your Personal Information.
- We welcome your comments and questions regarding these Terms and Conditions. Kindly direct any comments and questions to us via our Get in Touch page: Contact Us